Fans of Star Cinema, you're in for a treat! Here’s your chance to explore the beauty of Hong Kong for FREE!
To mark our 30-year milestone, we’re launching the “Hello, Love, Hong Kong: Star Cinema's 30th Anniversary Hong Kong Flyaway Promo,” where two lucky winners will get to fly to Hong Kong for free and experience this dynamic destination’s beauty and culture — just like how Joy and Ethan did in the blockbuster 2019 film “Hello, Love, Goodbye”.
It’s so easy and fun to join! Just follow these steps:
- Post a video of yourself in TikTok answering the question: “Paano ka na-inspire ng highest-grossing Filipino movie, ang ‘Hello, Love, Goodbye’?"
- Add the official hashtags #HelloLoveHongKong and #BestTimesWithStarCinema in your post for your entry to be counted.
- Register at https://forms.abs-cbn.com/hellolovehongkong and fill in the following registration fields:
• Full Name (as stated in passport)
• Date of birth
• Cellphone number
• E-mail address
• Full present home address
• Passport number
• Passport place of issue
• Passport date of issue
• Passport date of expiration
- Make sure to include: (1) your response to the question (up to 200 words only), (2) the link of the video entry posted on your TikTok account, (3) upload the same video in the registration page (in mp4 format, up to 60 seconds and 5MB in size), and (4) tick the boxes agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, Privacy Notice, and certifying ownership of the uploaded video, as part of the registration.
- Follow Star Cinema's official TikTok page @absstarcinema to stay updated on the promo and our movies.
Anyone is eligible to join, as long as you're 18 years old or older, and a Filipino citizen with a passport that’s still valid six months from the time of travel.
Winners will receive the following prizes:
- Roundtrip tickets to Hong Kong from Manila for two, inclusive of travel tax, travel insurance, and terminal fees;
- 4 days and 3 nights of Hong Kong hotel accommodations for two;
- Activities organized by ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. and the Hong Kong Tourism Board — experience Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Palace Museum, and Aqua Luna; and
- Pocket money of P20,000 for two!
- Applicable taxes on the prizes shall be shouldered by AFPI. Prizes are transferable but not convertible to cash.
The promo will run only from June 12 to 30, 2023, so submit your entries now! The deadline for the submission of entries is on 11:59 PM of June 30, 2023.
Star Cinema's 30th Anniversary Hong Kong Flyaway Promo is supported by the Hong Kong Tourism Board. Stay tuned on our social media pages for more updates about our #HelloLoveHongKong campaign.
Truly, the best times are ahead with Star Cinema! #StarCinema30 #SCBestTimesAhead
To learn more about the promo, you may refer to more information below, or visit https://forms.abs-cbn.com/hellolovehongkong. Please be reminded that only participants from the Philippines can access the form.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS AND CLAIMING OF PRIZES
AFPI shall conduct the following winner’s validation process before any prize is awarded:
- Only entries with complete details and answer received before the cut-off date and time will be considered valid.
- A representative from AFPI will collect entries on July 3, 2023 by requesting for data extraction with personal or customer information file of the promotion via the company portal.
- Judging of Entries:
AFPI will give each valid entry a score based on criteria for judging. Valid entries and their corresponding scores will be consolidated in a list to be presented to the DTI Representative during the selection of the winner.
Winning entry shall be judged with the following criteria:
- 60% - Creativity and Originality: The video shall have original and creative content. It should not be a copy, an imitation, or have been submitted in other contests or competitions.
- 40% - Overall impact: The video should be effective in delivering its message and has recall.
Entries will be judged by the following from AFPI Sales and Distribution:
- Head, Sales and Distribution
- Head, Branded Entertainment Unit
- Manager, International Sales & Distribution
- Sales Relations & Accounts Specialist
- Production Services Specialist
- Synergy Officer
- The winner will be determined by AFPI on July 6, 2023, 2:00 PM, online via Zoom call with a DTI representative, and shall be verified by a DTI representative from the list of valid entries with corresponding scores based on criteria for judging.
- Participants can submit only one valid entry for the duration of the promo. Multiple entries by the same user will not be acknowledged.
- The winner will be notified by an authorized AFPI representative via registered mail, phone call and email not later than two (2) days after the determination of the winner. Instructions on how to claim the prize (as stated in Section 1.h below) shall be given.
- The name of the winner will also be published on the official contest page of the Hello Love Hong Kong flyaway promo on July 7, 2023.
- The winner must present the following to the authorized AFPI representative when claiming the prize within sixty (60) days from the receipt of registered notice, at the AFPI office, 2F Eugenio Lopez Jr. Communications Center, Mother Ignacia Avenue, South Triangle, Quezon City:
- Registered mail notification
- Valid passport of the winner together with a valid passport of its companion
If claiming through an authorized representative, the representative must present an Authorization Letter signed by the winner, photocopy of winner's valid passport and its travel companion, and the original registered mail notification.
- Participants should ensure that the email indicated in the contest registration page is correct and can receive messages. AFPI will not be liable or responsible if the winner is unable to receive the winning notification, or fails to redeem his/her prize for any reason, as a result of any incomplete or incorrect information provided during registration.
- The winner shall solely bear all costs and expenses relating to, arising from or connected with the requirement to present the necessary documentation within sixty (60) days from the receipt of registered notice.
- No SMS will be sent to the winner advising him/her that he/she has won.
- All expenses related to the claiming, availing or enjoying of the prizes not provided for herein are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, but not limited to, local transportation, meals, beverages, incidental charges and gratuities.
- Prizes are transferable but not convertible to cash. If the declared winner fails to claim/transfer the prize within sixty (60) days from the receipt of registered notice, the prize will be forfeited. Another winner will be selected from the list of qualified entries upon the approval of DTI.
- The winner, by joining the promo, authorizes AFPI and HKTB to disclose and publish their names and other relevant documentation or content for any platform determined byAFPI and HKTB to any person/s and in any mode or manner as they may deem appropriate in connection with the promotion.
- The winner, by joining the promo, authorizes AFPI and HKTB to document the trip and use their names and images in materials such as but not limited to videos, photo art cards, advertorials, that will be uploaded on AFPI and/or HKTB platforms as they may deem appropriate in connection with the promotion.
- CONTROL MEASURES
- Entry Handling
- A representative/community manager from AFPI will be receiving and compiling the entries uploaded to the contest page via a process mentioned in Section 1 b.
- AFPI will generate a list of qualified participants before the judging of entries.
- The AFPI Sales and Distribution team will judge each qualified entry based on the following criteria indicated in Section 1.c. The scores per criteria, and total score will be indicated beside each qualified entry for easy reference.
- In case of a tie, the judges will deliberate on the score of the entries to break the tie.
- A DTI representative will be invited to be present online via Zoom call during the actual determination of the winner which has the highest score among all qualified entries.
- The name of the winner for the promotion will be given to the DTI representative after determination.
- Database / list of participants shall include the full name (as stated in passport), date of birth, cellphone number, email address, complete home address, passport details such as passport number, place and date of issue, and expiration date, and a column shall be added to include the answers to the question and the link of the participant’s video on TikTok. Organizers of the promotion undertake to use this information gathered solely and exclusively for purposes of this promotion and shall destroy all such information within the database after the promotion period shall have expired.
- Claiming of Prize
Winner may claim his/her prize via the representative from AFPI who will check and verify all the documents required before the declared deadline for the claiming of prize (as stated in Section 1.h.).
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Participants represent and warrant that, by their participation, they have read, understood and agreed to abide by the complete rules and regulations of the promo.
- AFPI will retain copyright and ownership of participants’ entries. By submitting their entries, the participants hereby agrees to grant AFPI and HKTB an exclusive, royalty-free license to use his/her entry. Should AFPI decide to use their entry as a film, participants will be informed and credited but AFPI will retain copyright and ownership of the submitted entry.
- AFPI and HKTB have the exclusive right to reproduce and circulate the entries and to use, copy, publish, and distribute the same for commercial and non-commercial purposes in connection with the promo, without having to consult the participant or to provide any compensation thereof.
- The owners of the entries submitted retain the right to publish their entries on their websites, and/or blogs only after the Star Cinema 30th anniversary Flyaway Promo Campaign and upon clearance with AFPI. Participants should not to enter their entries in any other contest, or use them in any way that defames or damages AFPI and Hong Kong Tourism Board and/or their affiliates.
- The participants warrant that he/she is the sole author and owner of the material, copyright thereon and of all rights therein; that there exists no adverse claim to or in the work; that neither the work nor any part thereof is a copy of any other work; that neither the work nor any part thereof infringes upon the copyright or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation anywhere in the world.
- AFPI and HKTB and their affiliates reserve the right to block, remove, or disqualify communications or materials that they determine to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene; (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading; (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another; (d) violates any law or regulation; or (e) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to AFPI and Hong Kong Tourism Board and/or their affiliates, at their sole discretion.
Per DTI Fair Trade Permit No. FTEB-169718 Series of 2023