Everything about the primetime series Wildflower was nothing short of phenomenal and iconic – from the trending dialogues, gripping scenes, award-winning acting, until the most jaw-dropping attires. Avid viewers of the show often found themselves seated at the edge of the seats while biting their nails in suspense. Mixed emotions were aroused and loud applause thundered all throughout the program’s yearlong run, enough to create loud buzz among teleserye enthusiasts. And if you’re one of those who fell in love with Lily Cruz/Ivy Aguas (Maja Salvador)’s astounding beauty and courage, take this fun quiz to earn yourself the title of a certified Wildflower fanatic!
- Wildflower’s debut on television established the simplicity of the morally upright Cruz family – Dante (Christian Vasquez), Camia (Sunshine Cruz), and their intelligent daughter, Lily. As a young girl, Lily exuded undeniable charm and pure kindness that sprouted from her warrior heart. The question is when was Wildflower launched and who portrayed Lily Cruz’s younger version? Hint: She’s a home-grown Kapamilya child star!
- Among the qualities that made Wildflower a gargantuan hit is the series’ flair for orchestrating ‘gigil’-inducing female confrontations. Televiewers, and even netizens, were completely engrossed watching the fierce Ivy Aguas engaged in wild and borderline hilarious encounters with her enemies. Someone even had to literally taste Ivy’s wrath when she shoved an icing-filled cake on this nemesis’ face. Do you recall who this pathetic rival was?
- With a stylish fashion taste that added more to her fierce, sophisticated aura, Ivy is truly an icon. Maja Salvador, after all, was the pioneer of doing fight scenes in high heels and wearing bedazzled long gowns on big revelation scenes. For instance, Ivy’s mesmerizing black bridal gown left the public gawking in shock and admiration, proving that she is a woman bold enough to defy the ordinary. There was no other shade apt to symbolize the extreme rage of Arnaldo (RK Bagatsing)’s vengeful bride. Add a point if you know the brilliant designer of Ivy’s iconic black wedding dress.
- Out of the excruciating and challenging times, Ivy managed to bloom from a helpless orphan to a ferocious woman. Yet, within the intimidating façade lies her innate kindness and faith in love. Wildflower presented Ivy as a lady both fragile and dangerous. And the best way to give audiences that kind of ‘feels’ was to incorporate Ivy’s journey with an equally appealing theme song interpreted by an international artist. Can you name this singer?
- Next question is about Red Dragon’s real name. Just a quick recap, Red Dragon was the moniker of a powerful crime syndicate matriarch who was driven to avenge Emilia (Aiko Melendez) and has become one of Ivy’s biggest foes. It was later on revealed that Red Dragon is Emilia’s mother.
- Spending almost her entire life training as a successor to her foster mother’s property development firm, Ivy gradually ruled the company after her mom succumbed to cancer. She kept the Aguas legacy alive. Kudos to you if you still remember the name of Ivy’s business.
- Not running out of surprises, Wildflower drove viewers and netizens crazy when the heroine Ivy died after having been buried alive by two powerful Ardientes – Emilia and Julio (Tirso Cruz III). But the heart-stopping events did not end there. Wearing a dazzling gold long gown, the resurrected Ivy made a grand entrance at the Ardiente’s party. To steal the scene even more, the stunning woman introduced herself as the real Lily Cruz, uttering the perfectly executed iconic lines, ”Black is out. Gold is in. And just like gold, I am ____________”
- Adding more drama and spice to the story is Roxanne Barcelo’s character, Natalie Alcantara, the wild femme fatale who had a love-hate relationship with the Ardientes and made Lily’s life extra awful. Who was Natalie’s first love-interest in the show?
- With both her parents killed by the Ardientes a young Lily escapes from Poblacion Ardiente with the determination to take revenge. Fate had its own ways of helping her when she bumped into a billionaire businesswoman. The last question is what is the name of the lady who adopted Lily as a child?
Raise your hand if you got a perfect score! And raise your hand as well if you were able to grasp the most valuable lessons presented in the hit series, Wildflower – to know that vengeance will only steer a person’s heart into darkness; and that despite the difficult times and pain, one must still learn to bloom in resilience and forgiveness.