video start cookie value =
current cookie value =
There’s no denying it, the nation is indeed in the grips of the Miss Universe mania. And with only a few days left before the coronation night, anticipation is already riding high for anything related to the most prestigious beauty pageant event ever. Aside from the next Miss Universe titlist, one other thing that has gotten Filipinos very excited is the return of Ms. Dayanara Torres to the country as a judge for the pageant’s finals night. Crowned as Miss Universe 1993, Dayanara won the hearts of Filipinos when she visited our country back in 1994 to crown her successor. She then went on to conquer the big screen with movies that saw her paired with Aga Muhlach, Cesar Montano, and Gary Valenciano, who starred with her in the musical film “Hataw Na.” She also dominated local TV in the 1990s, becoming one of the original hosts for the longest-running Sunday musical variety show ASAP. Dayanara even had her own dance segment on ASAP called “Sayawnara” which earned her the title as the Philippines’ Dancing Queen.
More than twenty years after she first came to the Philippines, Yari is back to what she calls her second home. And as we eagerly await her comeback as one of the judges for this year’s Miss Universe, let us take a trip down memory lane. Here are Dayanara’s 7 most memorable SayawNara performances on ASAP.
1. Donning a white, sleeveless dress, Yari grooves to her signature song, ABBA’s “Dancing Queen.”
2. Wearing a classic little black dress, the 1993 Miss Universe sings and dances to Sheryl Crow’s hit “All I Wanna Do.”
3. Dayanara rocks the stage with En Vogue’s “Love Don’t Love You” wearing the 90s fashion staples - shorts, vest and a white collared shirt.
4. Yari once again demonstrates her vocal prowess as she sings and grooves to Gloria Estefan’s “Everlasting Love.”
5. Garbed in a shimmering silver number that showed off her toned midriff, Dayanara burns the dancefloor with Stretch & Vern’s iconic hit “I’m Alive.”
6. Dayanara hits the dancefloor with Los del Rio’s international hit “Macarena.”
7. Yari busts out her dance moves to one of the 90s biggest hits, “Raggamuffin Girl” by Apache Indian.
THROWBACK: 7 Best SayawNara Dance Moves of Dayanara Torres
January 26, 2017 07:18PM