PHOTOS CREDIT: @starmagicphils IG
It was indeed another night of glitz and glamour last May 20 in one of the most prestigious awarding ceremonies in the local entertainment industry that recognizes the talent and brilliance of Filipino artistry -- the Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation Box-office Entertainment Awards, which is now on its 49th run.
Of course, our talented Kapamilya celebrities took home numerous accolades in different categories.
Due to their impeccable and notable musical performances and successful sold-out shows, these seasoned singers earned the nods of the juries:
- KZ Tandingan - Female Recording Artist of the Year
- Iñigo Pascual - Most Promising Male Recording Artist
- Darren Espanto - Most Promising Male Concert Performer of the Year
- Jona and Klarisse de Guzman- Most Promising Female Concert Performer of the Year
- Boyband PH - Most Promising Recording / Performing Group
- Martin Nievera, Ogie Alcasid, Erik Santos - Male Concert Performer of the Year (“MORE” Concert)
Meanwhile, the unmistakable prowess and remarkable appearances of these Kapamilya artists in their respective films and/or television programs were highly appreciated by the people behind GMMSF, too, for they were bestowed one of the most cherished distinctions they could ever have in their journey as actors.
- Angelica Panganiban - Comedy Actress of the Year
- McCoy de Leon & Elisse Joson - Most Promising Loveteam of Movies & TV
- Matteo Guidicelli - Movie Supporting Actor of the Year (Can't Help Falling in Love)
- Cristine Reyes – Movie Supporting Actress of the Year (Seven Sundays)
- Maja Salvador - TV Actress of the Year (Wildflower)
- Tirso Cruz III – TV Supporting Actor of the Year (Wildflower)
- Empoy Marquez – Breakthrough Movie Actor of the Year
- Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto - Most Popular Love Team of Movies and TV
- Empoy Marquez and Alessandra de Rossi – Breakthrough Love Team of Movies and TV
- Robi Domingo - Male TV Host of the Year
- Daniel Padilla - Prince of Philippine Movies and TV
- Kathryn Bernardo - Princess of Philippine Movies and TV
- Coco Martin – Most Popular Film Director
- Enrique Gil - Box-office King (My Ex and Why's)
- Liza Soberano - Box-office Queen (My Ex and Why's)
- Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla, Pia Wurtzbach – Phenomenal Stars of Philippine Cinema (Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad)
The top-rating Kapamilya daytime and primetime programs were also awarded with much distinction
- FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano – Most Popular Primetime TV Program
- Wildflower – Most Popular Daytime TV Program
- I Can See Your Voice – Most Popular Talent Search Program
- ASAP – Most Popular Musical Variety TV Program
- The Good Son – Best Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series
Ultimate Heartthrob Piolo Pascual might not have snagged neither an acting nor musical recognition, but his efforts behind-the-scenes as the founder and manager of Spring Films, the independent production firm that brought to us the hit flicks such as Kimmy Dora series, Kita Kita, Last Night, and Meet Me in St. Gallen, was recognized. He was named Most Popular Film Producer together with Joyce Bernal and Erickson Raymundo.
The spectacular, star-studded event was hosted by Enchong Dee, Robi Domingo, Arci Muñoz, Xian Lim, Yassi Pressman, and Iza Calzado.
Congratulations, Kapamilya! Keep up the good work!