Miss Q and A, the one-of-a-kind pageant launched by It’s Showtime exclusive for gays and transgender women that values substance over beauty, never fails to trend on social media because of its amusing contestants’ hilarious antics and witty answers to the thought-provoking questions.
With the impressive performances of the contenders, the judges surely find it tough to choose a winner who would vie for that 10-tier crown and a spot in the finals. However, one of them doesn’t seem to find it difficult since she is actually a beauty queen – Nicole Cordoves.
Here are 10 things you might not know about Nicole.
1. Being a beauty and brains adorned with gentle positive spirit, it’s no surprise when she placed first runner-up in the 2016 Ms. Grand International held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. She was the second Binibining Pilipinas titleholder to represent the Philippines in the global competition since the organization just acquired the franchise rights to pageant in 2015. Her predecessor was Bb. Pilipinas – Tourism 2014 Parul Shah.
3. It may not seem too obvious, but the 24-year-old stunner is actually a Chinay (Filipina-Chinese). Her fascinating beauty brought her the Miss Chinatown crown in 2014.
4. Aside from being a regular juror on Miss Q & A, Nicole juggles her time as speechwriter, as a columnist in a local broadsheet, and an online editor for a wedding portal.
5. She is an alumna of the Ateneo de Manila University, wherein she finished her AB Economics degree Minor in Development Management.
6. What makes her more admirable is her compassion towards other people. As a member of the missionary/evangelistic organization Iris Philippines, she was able to reach out to the women of Tondo, Manila (where she grew up).
7. Being a beauty queen isn’t merely about maintaining your allure and aiming to dominate the competition. It’s also a venue to establish connections and to make friends with fellow candidates. Nicole has found real friendships and inspirations in Ms. Universe 2013 3rd runner-up Ariella Arida, Ms. Globe 2015 Ann Colis, and Bb. Pilipinas – Universe Maxine Medina.
8. If you think that ladies like Nicole are always into glamming up, It’s Showtime’s very own muse is an adventure-junkie, based on the photos she uploads on Instagram and the write-ups on her blog.
9. She’s always blooming, isn’t she? We know it’s natural but we discovered another reason of her blinding glow – her happy lovelife! According to one of her posts, she and her beau “Robin” have been in love with each other for two years now.
10. This last fact isn’t a secret anymore since beauty queens are required to look fabulous everytime and everywhere. Her IG account is filled with her day-to-day outfits and glam shots. Don’t also miss her beach photos as she sizzled in swim wears that you can cop this summer!