“Since ‘Init sa Magdamag,’ kailangan spicy!”
Did you know that apart from her degree in Multimedia Arts, Yam Concepcion also took a short course in culinary? This Kapamilya beauty just never runs out of talent! In this episode of Kapamilya Chat, the Init sa Magdamag lead actress shares a breakfast recipe she invented.
Yam studied at the Center for Culinary Arts. Julia Montes was her classmate. When at home and looking for discoveries, Yam loves to experiment with dishes. She said her brother serves as the taste-tester of her invented recipes. “So kawawa siya,” she said, smiling. Some would taste amazing while some won’t hit the spot.
In this video, Yam demonstrates her special scrambled egg recipe. You would need eggs, butter, sesame oil, chilli oil, Japanese rice seasoning, and seaweed flakes. It’s the classic egg breakfast dish but a lot fluffier and spiced up!
- Crack two eggs straight into the heated pan. Add a slice of butter. Mix well until the butter melts and the eggs start to thicken. “Para fluffy ‘yung eggs ninyo, mix lang kayo nang mix.”
- Add sesame oil.
- Drizzle with Japanese seasoning.
- The secret ingredient, now revealed, is the chilli oil.
- Stir constantly until cooked.
- Transfer on a plate. Garnish with seaweed flakes. Serve hot!
“Simple lang pero it really does hit the spot,” said Yam. Check out this video and watch Yam showcase her cooking skills.