If you are looking for easy but filling and moreso affordable summer snacks for the whole family, Angeline Quinto demos a special lumpiang togue and mais con yelo recipes in her latest vlog. Just follow the simple steps and you may also have fun trying her English only policy in the kitchen – siguradong gutom kayo pagkatapos!
Angeline opens the video with greetings and punchlines. She then explained the rules for this episode. The Huwag Kang Mangamba star must speak in English only and pay Php20 for every violation. So, let the cooking begin! “First, we need to pray,” Angeline kidded.
Tofu (diced in small pieces)
Carrots (thinly sliced)
Fresh lumpia wrapper
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Toss in the carrots. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the tofu and cook for about 1-2 minutes. You may also use ground pork instead of tofu.
- Toss in the togue. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place 1tbsp of the togue filling in a lumpia wrapper.
- Wet the edges with egg wash, and then, roll over.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. Deep-fry until browned.
- For the dipping sauce: Mix vinegar, chopped onions, sugar, ground pepper, and red chilli.
Mais Con Yelo
Add whole kernel corn in a tall glass. And then, top with crushed ice. Add sugar, and then pour in evaporated milk. Voila! Easy and refreshing summer treat!
Angeline loves the perfect combination of sweet and cold mais con yelo and crunchy, savory lumpiang togue. Plus, she enjoyed making these easy recipes! And the best bonus is she was able to collect and share Php200 out of all her Tagalog violations.
Check out this video and have fun cooking with Angeline!