• LUNES - BYERNES PAGKATAPOS NG TV PATROL
  • LUNES - BYERNES PAGKATAPOS NG TV PATROL
WATCH: FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano stars air fears, frustrations over stoppage of ABS-CBN broadcast

FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano is the action drama that is a joy to watch on ABS-CBN’s Primetime Bida, given how its main characters fight injustice and thwart criminality. Because of this, the main protagonists, led by the indefatigable Cardo Dalisay, are definitely no strangers in encountering malfeasance, since in a number of episodes, we see them lock horns with characters who depict top government officials.

Now, at the onset of ABS-CBN’s shutdown, the cast would take their fight in real life and face their biggest challenge, not as characters in the show, but as real people threatened with a loss in livelihood and an uncertain future.

As such, a number of main cast members joined the Facebook Live event “Laban Kapamilya” on Friday, May 8 to air their dismay and concerns surrounding the cease in ABS-CBN’s broadcast operations that would cause thousands of people to lose their jobs, including the actors and production crew of the show.

Top star and director Coco Martin, who plays Cardo in the series, led the other male actors from the show in denouncing the National Telecommunications Commission’s Cease and Desist Order that led to the network going off the air.

Coco appeared on the livestreamed mobilization of Kapamilya stars seeking the return of ABS-CBN broadcast with his co-stars in FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano—John Prats, Michael de Mesa and brothers Raymart and Rowell Santiago.

Coco had been particularly furious with the NTC’s order, even calling on his fellow talents in the network to not take the shutdown lightly.

 

 

Dapat ang lahat ng mga artista iparinig n’yo ano nawala sa atin,” he said. “’Yung 11,000 na nasa ABS-CBN, iparinig n’yo. Kasi aabusuhin tayo n’yan. Para tayong batang kinotongan, pagkatapos ‘pag nagkita kayo, ano i-expect mo? Ito ang pagkakataon natin. Wala na tayong trabaho, ano’ng iniingatan natin?” he further said.

WATCH: A furious Coco Martin on ABS-CBN shutdown: “Dapat kumilos tayo. Dapat magsalita tayo”

John Prats, who plays Jerome Girona, Jr. in the series, said the news of ABS-CBN getting off the air had been trying for him, as he recalled the first time he and wife Isabel Oli learned about it. 

 

 

Sinabi ko sa kanya (Isabel), wifey isasara na raw ang ABS? Tapos ‘yun simula na, umiyak siya. Kasi sinasabi niya parang paano tayo? Paano na ang work?” he recalled. 

Bilang isang ama, you just have to be strong. Kailangan mong maging malakas para sa kanila. Ano ba ang role ng isang ama para magtrabaho? It’s to provide. Bigyan ng magandang buhay ang pamilya mo -‘yun lang naman ang purpose natin bilang ama,” John further said.

He revealed that the closure of the network added to their burden as a family, with Isabel set to give birth in July, apart from the current struggle against COVID-19.

Kung ako naramdaman ko ‘yon, paano pa ang 11,000 na empleyado na tinanggalan n’yo rin ng tahanan?” John asked.

For Michael de Mesa, who portrays Ramil Taduran in the series, said he could not understand the rationale behind the move to let ABS-CBN abruptly leave the airwaves.

 

 

Hindi ko rin maintindihan kung bakit sa panahong ito, napagdesisyunang isara ang ABS at tanggalan ng trabaho ang libo-libong taong umaasa sa istasyon na ito,” he emphasized. 

Hindi lang ito para sa amin. Hindi lang ito sa 11,000 employees na nawalan ng trabaho pero sana maintindihan ng mga tao na tinanggalan din kayo ng avenue, ng daan lalo na sa mga taong umaasa sa ABS-CBN na nagbibigay serbisyo at nagbibigay ng tulong,” Michael asserted.

Michael would also hit back at those who seem to rejoice over the sufferings of others.

Mas ikinalulungkot ko na hindi ko talaga maintindihan na eto na nga ang pinagdadaaanan natin, meron pang mga tao na ikinatutuwa pa ito. Bakit? Ano ang napapala ninyo na sipain o lalong idiin sa lupa ang taong bagsak na,” he pointed out.

For his part, Rowell Santiago, who takes the role of President Oscar Hidalgo in the action drama made an appeal to allow ABS-CBN to continue its legacy of bringing together Filipinos abroad while strengthening their family ties and links to their native culture through the Kapamilya programs aired on The Filipino Channel around the world.

 

 

Sa mga nangyayari sa mga nakaraang araw, parang ‘yung gamit sa aliw, sa lungkot biglang naputol. Parang naputol ang tulay na nagbuklod-buklod sa lahat ng pamilya sa ibang bansa at sa dito sa atin.  Parang biglang nawalan ka ng komunikasyon or connection sa ibang bansa lalo na ngayon may pandemya, parang importante makapag-communicate kayo sa anong nangyayari,” Rowell stated. 

Umaasa pa rin ako na mabibigyan ng chance naipagpapatuloy pa rin ito, dinggin at maibalik po sa ere ang ABS-CBN. Umaapela kami sa NTC, sa mga nakakataas na nagdedesisyon para ibalik ang ABS na ‘wag natin putulin ang tulay na nagli-link sa atin para malaman kung saan tayo galing at nagpapatibay na Pilipino tayo,” he further said.

Raymart Santiago, on the other hand, who is joined the FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano cast last year as Victor Basco, said he shared the sentiment of John Prats earlier saying that as a father himself, it really is distressing to lose a job.

 

 

But more than that, Raymart said that when ABS-CBN went off the air, it denied viewers a source of entertainment and information in dealing with the harsh realities they face.

Tinanggalan n’yo sila ng libangan. Kitang kita ko ang sakit sa kanilang mga mata. Tinanggalan n’yo ng libangan at impormasyon lalong lalo na sa mga senior citizens,” Raymart noted.

Sa mga panahon ngayon na alam natin na kulang na kulang ang nakukuha ng mga mahihirap ng ayuda, sinabay na pinagkaitan pa na tanggalin ang nagpapasaya sa kanila,” he added.

He urged the NTC to allow ABS-CBN to go back on-air so it could continue its mission of serving the Filipino people.

*Video courtesy: Kim Chiu’s FB