Receiving gifts of flowers and chocolates may be fun, but being serenaded is simply priceless, for it takes a measure of guts and tenderness for a guy to bare his soul this way to his beloved. The gentle strumming of a guitar and a sweet, sincere voice conveying the feelings of a boy through a song? What could possibly be more romantic than that?
A boy who sings to you even at the risk of making a fool of himself; you know he is a boy who would do anything for you no matter what. A boy who sings you love songs; he is someone who still believes in romance, chivalry, and the kind of love that poets write about. A boy who writes you love songs; he is definitely someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and who will never be afraid to show you his real feelings.
And that is everything Tenten (Enrique Gil) is to Serena (Liza Soberano). He couldn’t even articulate his feelings well at the start because of his speech impediment and felt that his world was so far removed from that of Serena’s, but he never gave up. Instead, he tirelessly poured his heart out in his songs, confident that the power of music will be able to convey his feelings to the one he loves.
Here are Tenten and Serena’s 5 harana moments sure to awaken the sentimental in everyone.
1. Tenten sings along to “Your love” to help Serena find inspiration for a song she wants to write. The heart-warming song, coupled by Tenten’s gentle singing, mesmerizes Serena. And even fate seems to approve, for in the middle of Tenten’s song, the wind chimes start to tinkle.
“Your love is like the sun that lights up my whole world,
I feel the warmth inside.
Your love is like the river that flows down through my veins,
I feel the chill inside.”
2. Serena helps Tenten overcome his speech problem by urging him to sing “Ang suso” (The Snail) repeatedly. After several tries, he finally succeeds in pronouncing “puso” correctly while looking Serena straight in the eyes.
"Ang sabi ng iba, masarap daw ang suso.
Ang sabi ko naman, kumporme sa suso.
May susu-susuan at may tunay na suso.
Ang gusto kong suso, ‘yung galing sa puso mo."
3. Tenten prepares a sweet surprise for Serena and reveals through a song that he is the childhood friend she’s been searching for.
“Meron akong lihim na aaminin, ‘wag ka sanang mabibigla.
Tinadhana ba ang mundo natin, di inaasahang makilala ka.
Dahil sa kahong pinadala, aking puso'y napuno ng pag-asa.
Nasa dulo ng aking mundo, may prinsesang gusto kong makilala.”
4. Serena sings along as Tenten plays the song that he composed about not giving up on the one you love even if fate tries to tear you apart.
"Kung 'di magkatagpo
Mundo nating nasa magkabilang dulo,
At kung tayo'y magkatagpo at muling magkalayo."
5. Tenten sings the song he wrote for his parents’ wedding anniversary to Serena, a song that speaks of a love that never surrenders.
"Bagyo man ay mamagitan at pilit tayong ipaglayo,
'Wag mag-alinlangan, 'wag mag-alinlangan.
Hindi ako susuko."
By Josa Marie Pelayo