As "Kapamilya Deal or No Deal" returns on Philippine television this Monday (Feb 9), 20 Lucky Stars will be unveiled to give you a more exciting 'Deal' viewing experience. But before host Luis Manzano asks the very important question 'deal or no deal?' let us look back at the top 20 'Deal' moments since season one.
20. SWEET DEALS. Fans sometimes don’t need to watch teleseryes to feel ‘kilig’ with their favorite loveteams. Watching ‘Deal’ already gave them that as pairs shared sweet moments on stage while going through the tension of picking the right briefcase to open together. Some of the sought-after tandems that set foot on the ‘Deal’ stage were Kim Chiu and Xian Lim, and Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.
19. GAME SHOW NEOPHYTE. It’s not everyday that we get to see the lighter side of rock icon Bamboo. That is why watching him play for a game show for the very first time is quite a sight to see. Bamboo took the challenge and bargained with the Banker only to take home P1,000. What did he do to release the tension when the game was over? Well, Bamboo did some pushups on stage.
18. TOO HOT TO HANDLE. To pay tribute to all the brave firemen in the country, ‘Deal’ added a twist in one of its episode and paired up one fireman/firewoman for every 26K girl.
17. LADIES MAN. Banker is surely a ladies man because when he sent his 26K girls on a vacation, 26 beautiful candidates from Miss Earth temporarily replaced them. Wonder how the male contestant kept his focus during this episode. Hmmmm…
16. WHEN WONDERWOMAN PLAYED A GAME WITH CINDERELLA. From wearing their sexy red dresses, the 26K girls spiced up things a bit for Halloween as they wore their different Halloween costumes. Even host Kris Aquino joined the fun and dressed up as Cinderella while contestant RR Enriquez played while wearing her sexy wonder woman costume.
15. STAR-STUDDED. Famous personalities from showbiz, to sports and even politics come and go the ‘Deal’ stage but one episode sets itself apart as the most star-studded episode of the show yet. Not only was it attended by Kim Chiu, Christopher De Leon, Melai Cantiveros, Coco Martin, Joey De Leon and Robin Padilla but also international personalities like Apl.de.Ap and Ongbak while Tito Bhoy (Jayson Gainza) played the game. OK maybe pseudo-star-studded since these stars were a bunch of Kalokalike finalists.
14. FAMILY REUNIONS. Host Luis Manzano, on his birthday episodes, either gets so surprised or so emotional with the guests the staff brings in. In two separate episodes, we saw Luis shed some tears after sharing the ‘Deal’ stage with his father Edu Manzano and mother Gov. Vilma Santos separately. Remember when Edu danced ‘Papaya’? Or when Ate V played with the 26K girls sporting a baby China look with their wigs on? These were indeed fun yet touching ‘Deal’ moments.
13. BANKER GETS A LIL FLIRTY. He may be busy making offers but the Banker sure knows how to make his moves on a lovely woman. Not only did he give generous offers to contestant Ruffa Gutierrez, he also professed his admiration for the host-actress. Through Luis, Banker even asked Ruffa what is looking for in a guy.
12. HOSTS’ TURN. Kris Aquino and Luis Manzano know what it feels like to go through the tension of playing ‘Deal’ as they both experienced being studio contestants. Kris played while Boy Abunda pins hits as host while Luis, together with father Edu Manzano, played with Kris as host.
11. PISONARYOS. It seems lady luck weren't on Korina Sanchez’ and Gerald Anderson’s side when the two respectively played ‘Deal.’ Despite Korina’s feistiness and Gerald gorgeous looks and hot abs, the two got the worst possible amount a contestant can take home and that is the smallest amount in the money tree--- one peso.
10. A RARE MOMENT. Then senator Noynoy Aquino and basketball superstar James Yap team up and shared the ‘Deal’ stage with host Kris Aquino. Enough said.
9. AWKWARD. When Toni Gonzaga set foot on the ‘Deal’ stage, Luis Manzano candidly asked her “bakit mo ako binasted?” Toni just laughed it off and gave a witty answer. Awkward…
8. UNKABOGABLE DEAL. Luis usually plays middleman to the Banker and the contestant, but unkabogable star Vice Ganda dared to grab the telephone from Luis and bargained with the Banker himself.
7. THE CURSE OF CHARMEL DE ASIS. 26K girl Charmel De Asis had a reputation of being the ‘unlucky’ briefcase girl as she consistently holds the big amounts. If she was a contestant in ‘Deal’ she would've won the million already.
6. CROSSOVER. For the first time, GMA 7 prime actress Jennylyn Mercado was seen in an ABS-CBN show via ‘Deal.’
5. MORE CHANCES OF WINNING. Every contestant wants to win the million but in ‘Deal’s’ 4th season anniversary, chances of winning the jackpot got even bigger as the show added another P1 million amount in the money board.
4. BIGGEST JACKPOT IN PH GAME SHOW HISTORY. Why fight for a million jackpot when you can get P4 million just by picking the right briefcase? ‘Deal’ set another first on Philippine television as it was the first game show to offer a jackpot of P4 million.
3. ‘JACKPOT’ EN POY. When you don’t wanna trust your gut anymore in picking briefcases to open in ‘Deal,’ try leaving it to fate and ‘jack en poy’ your way to the million. That’s what Enchong Dee and Kean Cipriano did. The result? They were P2 million richer after the episode.
2. A VERY QUICK DEAL. Alex Gonzaga and Robi Domingo didn’t bother bargaining with the Banker anymore because they called it a deal after his first offer--- by accident! The audience and host Luis Manzano were in shock when Alex accidentally pressed the ‘deal’ button despite saying ‘no deal.’
1. WORLD CLASS DEAL. The biggest milestone of the show would have to be “Kapamilya Deal or No Deal’s” inclusion in NBC’s “Deal or No Deal Around the World” specials. ‘Deal’ US host Howie Mandel, together with two American contestants, travelled all the way to the Philippines to tape an episode of his “Deal” with ABS-CBN’s very own production team. From the lively studio audience to the dancing models, “Kapamilya Deal or No Deal” truly sets itself apart from other ‘Deal’ franchises around the world and wowed the American audience with its creativity. The episode went so well that NBC chose it to be the premiere episode of the ‘Around the World’ series followed by ‘Deal’ franchises done in Estonia and South Africa. Truly a proud moment for every Filipino as we proved that Philippine-produced game shows can be at par with US programs in terms of standards and professionalism.
An all new season of “Kapamilya Deal or No Deal” premieres this Monday (Feb 9) on ABS-CBN.