After pre-debuting on the pop music scene with their viral remake of “Da Coconut Nut,” BINI is ready to take the next step and launch as a fully-fledged idol group with their new, original single “Born to Win”.
In a 2-part special entitled “BINI: The Launch” on June 4 and 11, 2021, the girls reveal a stronger, fiercer side to them for this debut single—showing they can switch it up from the bright, tropical energy of the “Da Coconut Nut.” With “Born to Win,” the girls invite you on an adventure, to take a plunge with them in uncharted waters, and emerge victorious.
Representative of the young, modern, and excellent Filipina, BINI can keep it fun and sweet, but knows when it’s time to roll her sleeves up, be fearless, and go for gold. Each member takes her charms and talents full circle for their much-anticipated debut with “Born to Win.” Let’s get to know the BINIs more!
VISUAL | SUB VOCAL | SUB RAPPER
Aiah instantly captivates with her gaze and elegant vibe. She can easily make hearts flutter with her warm, angelic smile that can easily turn 180 degrees to exude a fierce aura. Her power lies in the balance between modesty and confident beauty. Her steadfast determination enables her to overcome challenges thrown her way.
▪ Hailing from the Queen City of the South, Aiah is a killer combo of beauty and brains. Not only is this Cebuana a former teen beauty queen, but has also competed in Scrabble tournaments in school.
▪ Aiah is the last one to enter the camp, having to double up her efforts with no prior experience in singing nor dancing. She diligently attended extra classes and extended her training hours in order to catch up with the rest of the girls. Aiah also familiarized herself with the piano scale so she could practice on her own.
MAIN VOCAL | LEAD DANCER | LEAD RAPPER
Colet’s natural talent in song, dance, and songwriting make her a complete performer. While simple and conservative, this small-town girl is armed with determination and drive to reach her dreams. Get ready to witness how she goes big as she shines on stage.
▪ Colet has a natural talent for music, coming from a family of singers. She used to accompany her father, who was a singer in a band, to his gigs. Colet composes songs, drawing inspiration from movies, experiences, and other people. She also plays the guitar and the drums.
▪ This Boholana used to be shy at first when she entered the camp, having a tough time adapting to speaking Tagalog! Now, Colet has blossomed into a girl who isn’t afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes in.
Charming, joyful, exuberant—these are just the tip of the iceberg that describe Maloi’s performances. Naturally musical, she clearly has fun when she performs, and this is what draws people to her. Her vocal prowess is something to be admired, having one of the widest vocal ranges among her members.
▪ Maloi is a star student, attaining consistent honors while performing actively in her extra-curricular activities. She was part of the school chorale group, swimming and badminton varsity, and was even amajorette!
▪ This family-oriented Batangueña has always been musically-inclined. Maloi knows how to read music sheets, play the piano and ukulele. She also composes songs.
LEAD VOCAL | LEAD RAPPER
Gwen is sometimes called a chameleon because of her ability to adjust and adapt to different situations. Singer, dancer, ramp model, make-up artist, comedienne — she easily and successfully fits the bill. Hardworking and determined, Gwen blends right in with the girls, but stands out in the spotlight.
▪ Gwen has always been a star in her own right—she is a former Pinoy Big Brother housemate who began modelling and joining singing competitions at the tender age of 13.
▪ This Bicolana loves spicy food and is passionate about the art of creative make-up. She seeks to continually improve her skills, as she started learning how to play the ukulele.
▪ Committed to her craft, Gwen wakes up at 5 or 6 in the morning to do self-practice, and managed to train amid an injury just before the release of “Da Coconut Nut!”
MAIN RAPPER | LEAD DANCER
Stacey readily commands attention with her elegance and poise. She is determined to improve without shortcuts. Underneath the calm exterior lies a fun-loving and sometimes quirky personality which makes her well-loved among her members. Through her process of self-improvement, Stacey is determined to become the queen that she’s meant to be.
▪ Another former teen beauty queen in the group, Stacey is an only child from Nueva Vizcaya who dabbled into modelling at an early age. She got her fashion sense from her mother who designs costumes and gowns.
▪ Stacey used to be quiet and nondescript when she joined the camp, but bloomed and showed her funny and quirky self. At the same time, Stacey is also very grounded in her faith, being considered as the most prayerful in the group.
MAIN RAPPER | LEAD DANCER | VISUAL
Mikha possesses a charming and striking appeal that easily makes heads turn. Although she is one of the youngest of the group, she is insightful and has a fascinating mind—traits her peers strongly look up to. She possesses a duality in character that makes her a fascinating story to unravel.
▪ Mikha is another sporty star in the group, having been a volleyball player and cheerleader in school. She is also very flexible, with the ability to do cartwheels and splits!
▪ This girl from QC also used to be very insecure when she entered the camp with no singing or dancing experience, but eventually overcame that with constant practice.
LEADER | LEAD VOCAL | LEAD RAPPER
A born leader, Jhoanna takes charge with her bright, optimistic presence both with the girls and on stage. Despite her young age, she possesses a mature disposition and a knack for organization, which makes her the perfect leader for the group. She has an unassuming and collaborative presence which has gained respect from younger and older members alike.
▪ Jhoanna dreams of becoming a broadcast journalist but found her way in show business, having dabbled in acting (she starred in the hit series Kadenang Ginto).
▪ Not only is Jhoanna the perfect, goal-oriented leader for BINI, she is also very optimistic and thoughtful. She is the group’s happy pill—finding the positive in every situation; and makes it a point to always check up on her loved ones and extended family through video calls.
MAIN DANCER | YOUNGEST MEMBER A.K.A. “BUNSO”
Sheena’s natural wit makes her a people magnet. She can brighten everybody’s day and make people laugh with her funny antics and comments. Despite being the youngest, she is by far the strongest in will and determination. It is her natural optimism that carries her through even the toughest of situations. She possesses an open mind and the will to face any challenge thrown her way.
▪ Sheena is another former Pinoy Big Brother housemate in the group who has always had passion for dance since she was very young. In fact, she was part of an all-male dance crew where she was the only girl!
▪ This tough gal from Isabela loves anything K-Pop, and possesses so much inner strength to boot. In fact, apart from the trials BINI faced before pre debut, she was also challenged with a personal tragedy. Now, Sheena is stronger than ever, and will make her mom even prouder.