The COMGUILD Center for Journalism recently awarded Jeepney TV’s program “Biyaheng Retro” with the title of 2014 Best Entertainment News Show during awarding rites held at the 9th Annual Conference of Journalism and Mass Communication Students of the Philippines last August 3.
“Biyaheng Retro” is an original production of Jeepney TV in collaboration with the ABS-CBN Integrated News Division. It offers viewers a look at famous personalities in the entertainment industry before and after their rise to fame. The program is hosted by veteran ABS-CBN entertainment news journalist Mario Dumaual and teen heartthrob Janella Salvador. Dumaual also bagged the award for 2014 Best Entertainment News Show Host for “Biyaheng Retro,” besting eight other nominees from his home and rival networks in the same category.
The panel of judges for the 2014 COMGUILD Awards were from 58 schools nationwide composed of college deans, chairpersons and members of the academe. Their votes comprised 95% of the final tally with the remaining 5% gathered through online voting.
ABS-CBN bagged 7 out of the 13 awards given out including the two awards for "Biyaheng Retro". DZMM's Ted Failon won as Best AM Radio Anchor and his show "Failon Ngayon" was also named Best AM Radio Program. Meanwhile, Anthony Taberna was voted as Outstanding Male News Presenter and Atom Araullo was honored as Best Male Field Reporter of the Year. Rounding up the Kapamilya haul is the award for Best Morning Show given to "Umagang Kay Ganda."
"Biyaheng Retro" is aired every third Sunday of the month from 9:00 PM to
10:00 PM on Jeepney TV, available on SkyCable Channel 9 and in more than
150 independent cable systems nationwide. Jeepney TV is operated and managed by Creative Programs, Inc., a subsidiary of ABS-CBN.
For updates on “Biyaheng Retro” and Jeepney TV, visit the channel’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/JeepneyTV).